There are four separate specialized care units at the Village of Sandalwood Park called home areas which include:
- Active Dementia Home Area for persons with Alzheimers and related dementia who are wandering or physically active.
- Advanced Dementia Home Area for persons with Alzheimers and related dementia who are no longer wandering or physically active and whose care needs are primarily of a physical nature
- The Advanced Physical Care Home Areas for persons who are cognitively alert and whose care needs are primarily physical in nature.
- The Special Needs Home Area for persons whose care needs are of a behavioural nature, including younger adults.
Our community is designed as a village. Like a traditional village, we have a variety of common areas and amenities along our Main Street and in the Village Square. However, because the Village is indoors, it remains comfortable in any weather, winter or summer, rain or shine.
The Village of Sandalwood Park is a 120-bed Long Term Care home licensed by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and funded through the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) via the Long-Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreement (L-SAA). Click here to view a PDF copy of the agreement (this may take a few minutes to download). Access to this level of care is coordinated through the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). Find your local CCAC at www.ccac-ont.ca.
Retirement suites and independent living apartments are planned. When fully built the Village of Sandalwood Park will offer a full range of living and care options including:
- independent seniors apartments for seniors who like the comfort and security of being connected with a care community.
- retirement suites for those wishing or requiring light assistance with activities of daily living
- assisted living suites for those whose support needs are primarily physical in nature
- supportive care units offering a safe and comfortable environment for those with mild to moderate memory loss
- long-term care
Residents in all living choices can choose from a variety of services including housekeeping, meals, assistance with bathing and dressing, medication administration, healthcare assistance. Click here for more detail.