The Village of Aspen Lake is the 10th location in Ontario for Schlegel Villages. The Village of Aspen Lake is a 192-bed Long Term Care home licensed by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and funded through the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) via the Long-Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreement (L-SAA). Click here to view a copy of the agreement (this may take a few moments to download). Access to this level of care is coordinated through the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). Find your local CCAC at www.ccac-ont.ca.
There are six separate specialized care units called home areas which
1. Active Dementia Home Area for persons with Alzheimers and
related dementia who are wandering or physically active.
2. Advanced Dementia Home Areas (2) for persons with Alzheimers
and related dementia who are no longer wandering or physically active and whose care needs are primarily of a physical nature.
3. The Advanced Physical Care Home Areas (2) for persons who are
cognitively alert and whose care needs are primarily physical in nature.
4. The Special Needs Home Area for persons whose care needs are
of a behavioural nature, including younger adults.
Our community is designed as a village. Like a traditional village, we have a variety of common areas and amenities along our Main Street and in the Village Square.
However, because the Village is indoors, it remains comfortable in any weather, winter or summer, rain or shine.
Retirement Suites and Independent Living Apartments are planned for the coming years. When fully built the Village of Aspen Lake will offer a full range of living and care options including:
1. Independent Seniors Apartments for seniors who like the comfort and security of being connected with a care community.
2. Retirement Suites for those wishing or requiring light assistance with activities of daily living.
3. Assisted Care Suites for those whose support needs are primarily physical in nature.
4. Supportive Care Suites offering a safe and comfortable environment for those with mild to moderate memory loss.
Residents in all Living Choices will be able to choose from a variety of services including housekeeping, meals, assistance with bathing and dressing, medication administration, and varying levels of health care assistance.