We welcome volunteers in our Villages and have a wide range of opportunities for you to make a difference in the lives of our residents. Discover the joy and fulfillment of volunteering with our Neighbours. There are lots of ways you can help:
- Spend one-on-one time with a Neighbour to provide companionship for someone who doesn’t get many visitors
- Help out at mealtimes by serving food, helping Neighbours, or bringing a sunny smile and conversation to the table.
- Bring your travel stories to share.
- Bring your musical talents to the Village and perform for small or large groups.
- Start a club or help out in one that’s already going on: horticulture, scrapbooking, photography, card-making, woodworking… the list is endless.
- Play cards or board games with a group of Neighbours and learn about their interesting lives in the process.
- Help a researcher with a research project underway.
“There is nothing as strong as a volunteer’s heart,
for it is where it wants to be”
What Can You Expect?
You will find that being part of our organization offers many rewards. You will have a chance to meet new and inspiring people, develop fresh ideas, use your skills or learn new ones, but most of all you will be an important part of our community.
What is Required?
- All volunteers must be 14 years of age or older.
- Please complete the volunteer application online (coming soon) or in person at the Village. Completed applications can be submitted via the online application form, email, fax or in person directly to the Village you are applying with.
- You will be asked to provide the names of two (2) references.
- You will receive an invitation to attend a Volunteer Orientation Session at the Village.
- All applicants are asked to participate in an interview at a mutually agreed upon time. The interview will determine whether the applicant is suitable for a volunteer position that is presently available. Please note: An interview does not guarantee a volunteer position.
- All volunteers are required to obtain a successful police check prior to volunteering. You will need to apply for a "vulnerable sector" police check.
- The successful volunteer will receive training for their new position as well as a detailed volunteer description of their new role.
How do I get Started?
Call us at the Village to find out how you can become involved. Ask for Tammy Zimmerman, our Volunteer Coordinator or Hannah Renaud, our Director of Recreation.