At Schlegel Villages, we have the honour of caring for and supporting more than 4,000 residents in 19 long-term care and retirement Villages across Ontario. Their safety – along with that of their loved ones and the team members who work in our neighbourhoods – is our top priority.
- Surveillance testing is required as part of the screening process for everyone entering the Village.
- Our mandatory vaccine policy for team members will help us be sure we are doing all we can to protect the health and well-being of all in our villages.
- Proper hand hygiene, physical distancing, and appropriate use of all PPE remain the best defense!
- Masks are required for all team members and visitors as well as provided and encouraged to be worn by residents.
- We are prepared. Every village has an Infection Control Lead, and we follow Ontario Public Health guidelines related to prevention and control.
- We have adequate supplies to meet our needs and have frequent contact with suppliers.
- Villages have staffing contingency and emergency plans that will be followed should the need arise.
- Schlegel Villages is part of a bigger health force working together to limit the spread of the virus in Ontario.
- For those having difficulty during these pandemic times you can access free mental health through wellnesstogether.ca.
- Book vaccines online at covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/ or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre number at 1-833-943-3900.
Thursday, November 24 | 2:00 p.m.
We are pleased to see more cases of COVID-19 in our Villages classed as resolved and our case numbers continue to decline. Our teams remain focused on all aspects of Infection Prevention and Control, however, knowing that cases of Influenza and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) are likely to rise in the coming weeks.
We continue to urge everyone connected to our Villages to be sure their COVID-19 Vaccines are up-to-date and they take advantage of the available flu shots.
Current Village Outbreaks - Click table to view larger
Please Note: The chart below is our monitoring of Villages that are considered to be in active outbreak by public health order. Those that are not in COVID-19 outbreak will not be listed here.
- Visitor Code of Conduct (updated Oct 14)
- Long-Term Care Visitor Education (Updated Oct 17)
- Retirement Visitor Summary (Updated Sept 7)
- Long-term Care resident absences & education (updated Oct 17)
- Moving into the Village (Updated Oct 17)
- Hand Washing video
- Using Hand Sanitizer video
PREVIOUS 7 UPDATES
Please remember there are important resources available to all team members through the Employee Family Assistance Program and Homewood Health. If anyone is struggling, this could be very helpful. The phone number is 1-800-663-1142
The Wilfred Schlegel Hope Fund is also an important resource and the committee has already provided team members with direct support through the fund. Applications will be assessed quickly. #iGiveHope
Call To Action - Join Our Team
We hire for heart at Schlegel Villages and we train, mentor and support our team members so they can fill their hearts by making a difference in the lives of our residents. Caregiving is hard work; it can be emotionally and physically exhausting, but it can be the most fulfilling work you have ever done.
We sincerely appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience. We will continue to offer regular communication as any new developments arise, but in the meantime, we hope that beyond these additional precautionary measures, our residents and team members will continue to bring life to their neighbourhoods and Villages.
Please contact our communications team if you have any questions or concerns. We can be reached at Covid.Communication@Schlegelvillages.com
Public information and resources: