At Schlegel Villages, we have the honour of caring for and supporting more than 4,000 residents in 19 long-term care and retirement Villages across Ontario. Their safety – along with that of their loved ones and the team members who work in our neighbourhoods – is our top priority.
- Active screening of all team members, residents, and visitors upon entering and exiting the village includes a series of health and travel related questions as well as temperature check.
- We are prepared. Every village has an Infection Control Lead, and we follow Ontario Public Health guidelines related to prevention and control.
- We have adequate supplies to meet our needs and have frequent contact with suppliers.
- Villages have staffing contingency and emergency plans that will be followed should the need arise.
- Schlegel Villages is part of a bigger health force working together to limit the spread of the virus in Ontario.
- Masks are required for all team members and visitors as well as provided and encouraged to be worn by residents.
- For those having difficulty during these pandemic times you can access free mental health through wellnesstogether.ca.
- Proper hand hygiene, physical distancing and appropriate use of all PPE remains the best defense!
Friday, July 30th | 3:00 p.m.
Since our last report, the Village of Tansley Woods has seen four more resident cases classed as resolved, leaving only one active case on the Bronte neighbourhood. Our gratitude flows to the team there for the continued efforts to support residents and each other while working to resolve the outbreak.
As we mentioned in our last report, we acknowledge the efforts of all of our teams and the patience and understanding of our residents, families and partners through all of these many months under the shadow of COVID-19. The reality is, as we open up more and we see the province as a whole moving towards a sense of normalcy, many of our team members and residents remain fearful of a resurgence. We thought we’d share a story that speaks to the way so many of us are feeling as we reflect on the great challenge of the past while looking to the future with a cautious sense of hope. Click here to see the story.
Lastly, in light of the Civic Holiday Weekend, our next update will be on Wednesday, August 4.
Current Village Outbreaks - Click table to view larger
*Numbers reflect the latest numbers the evening prior to our report
PREVIOUS 7 UPDATES
Require a Covid-19 test? Find a location: Covid Assessment Centres
Please remember there are important resources available to all team members through the Employee Family Assistance Program and Homewood Health. If anyone is struggling, this could be very helpful. The phone number is 1-800-663-1142
The Wilfred Schlegel Hope Fund is also an important resource and the committee has already provided team members with direct support through the fund. Applications will be assessed quickly. #iGiveHope
Call To Action - Join Our Team
We hire for heart at Schlegel Villages and we train, mentor and support our team members so they can fill their hearts by making a difference in the lives of our residents. Caregiving is hard work; it can be emotionally and physically exhausting, but it can be the most fulfilling work you have ever done.
We sincerely appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience. We will continue to offer regular communication as any new developments arise, but in the meantime, we hope that beyond these additional precautionary measures, our residents and team members will continue to bring life to their neighbourhoods and Villages.
Please contact our communications team if you have any questions or concerns. We can be reached at Covid.Communication@Schlegelvillages.com
Public information and resources: