We have a long-standing reputation for delivering quality care in our Villages. We believe in care practices that address the clinical needs of our residents but touches them at a personal level to nurture their spirit. Our care practices are tracked and measured by our qualified health care professionals and together with our team of researchers at the Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging, we’re consistently looking for new and better ways to provide support. Whether your need for care is modest to provide peace of mind or comprehensive to meet your highest of needs, we offer the best support possible for our residents when they need us most.
Our care team has been trained Schlegel Villages Health Care Fundamentals and many have taken the Excellence in Resident Centered Care Course offered in partnership with Conestoga College.
Some examples of care we offer in our Retirement and Long-Term Care Homes include:
- Full assistance with dressing, dining, bathing or showering;
- Escorting our residents through the Village with a helping hand or with support of a walker or wheelchair;
- Helping residents with higher care needs get in and out of bed or use the washroom with the assistance of a mechanical lift;
- Medication administration and other therapeutic treatments;
- Support by well-trained team members for residents with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Our Living Choices Program is designed for residents of our retirement neighbourhoods. Our teams conduct a personalized assessment to determine the level of support that is right for each individual resident, ensuring they live comfortably in whichever neighbourhood they’ll call home.
Our personal care, registered nursing and medical professionals are second to none, always on hand to offer personalized care, security and comfort. Some Village locations also include an onsite Health Centre to serve our residents and community.